Need to cancel your Chegg subscription? Maybe you’re graduating already, or maybe your free trial is ending, and you don’t want to pay the monthly fee.
Whatever the case, let’s start by saying that canceling your subscription is super easy, no matter what device you use. In this article, we’ll teach you a step-by-step manual on how to cancel your Chegg subscription.
Use Google Play To Cancel Chegg
If you have subscribed to Chegg using the Google Play app, you can use the same process to cancel it as well. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the ‘settings’ on your android phone and open your Google Play account.
- Alternatively, you could head to the Google Play website directly by opening play.google.com on your internet browser.
- Locate and click on the ‘subscriptions’ option.
- Find and click on the ‘Chegg’ app.
- Tap on the ‘Cancel’ button and then confirm the action when prompted.
Use Your iPhone or iPad To Cancel Chegg
- Locate and open the ‘settings’ on your iPhone or iPad, or locate and open the iTunes app.
- Locate and tap on your name tab.
- Your Apple ID will be at the top of the screen; find it and tap on the icon.
- Type in your username and password to sign into your Apple account.
- Locate and click on the ‘View Apple ID’ option.
- Locate and open the ‘Subscriptions’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Subscription-Manage’ option to open your subscriptions list.
- Locate and click on the Chegg study subscription.
- Find the auto-renewal option and switch it off.
- Click on ‘save’ to cancel your subscription.
Call Customer Care To Cancel Your Chegg Subscription
If you don’t want to cancel the Chegg subscription yourself, don’t worry, you can always get Chegg customer care to do it for you. After all, it’s the simplest method and preferable for those who don’t mind making a quick phone call.
- Call Chegg customer care at their official number, 1-855-868-1054.
- Wait for your call to get through; this could take a while, depending on how busy they are.
- Once you get in touch with a customer care representative, simply explain your details and notify them of your desire to cancel.
- They will process your cancellation shortly.
Use DoNotPay App To Cancel Chegg Subs
- Locate and open the DoNotPay app on your phone.
- Locate the ‘Find hidden money’ option, and tap on it.
- The app will open a blank field for you to type something in.
- Type in the name of the service you want to cancel, “Chegg.”
- Check your email for the cancellation notification. (The same email you used to register on Chegg)
- Read the confirmation mail for your Chegg cancellation.
Canceling Your Chegg Tutor Membership
- Use any internet browser and go to the main website.
- Use your credentials to log in to your Chegg account.
- Locate the settings tab in your account section.
- Find the option that says ‘Orders’ and open it.
- In your subscriptions tab, click on the ‘Edit Plan’ option located right next to the ‘Chegg Tutor’ plan.
- Switch your Chegg Tutor subscription to the pay-as-you-go option.
- Chegg will stop charging you recurring payments.