As one of the most popular streaming platforms worldwide, it took over the world when YouTube launched YouTube TV. Many people loved the idea of their favorite streaming platform now offering live streaming like regular cable. In time the prices for YouTube TV subscriptions increased, making people want to get rid of them altogether.
Fortunately, it is easy to pause or end YouTube TV subscription any time that you want. One thing to note, however, is that if you have already subscribed for the Membership and are trying to cancel halfway through, you will still be able to access YouTube TV till the end of your current service. However, if you cancel your Membership in the middle of a free trial month, all access to YouTube TV will be stopped.
In this article, we will discuss how you can unsubscribe on YouTube TV from various sources.
How To Cancel YouTube TV Subscription On A Desktop
- Open your web browser.
- Visit the official YouTube page.
- Log into your YouTube account if you haven’t.
- You will see your profile at the screen’s right-hand side. Click on it.
- You will now see a options menu.
- From here, look for the settings button and click on it.
- Under this section, look for Membership.
- You’ll find a button giving you the option of pausing or canceling your membership.
- Click on it. Make sure that you’re not pausing the Membership but canceling by clicking on the correct button.
- You will be prompted to give a reason why you are canceling your Membership. Choose from the list and select an answer for this step.
- Click on “Continue Canceling.”
- On the next screen, tap on “Cancel Membership.”
How To Cancel YouTube TV Subscription On An Android Mobile
- Launch the YouTube application on your phone.
- Tap on your profile, located at the top right of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, look for “Settings.”
- Select the Membership option.
- Under this section, you can click on “manage,” which will allow you to edit your subscription/ membership.
- You’ll find two options: To Cancel or Pause.
- Choose cancel membership.
- In the next window, you will be required to give a reason why you want to cancel your Membership.
- Click on Continue Canceling.
- On the following screen, confirm to cancel your Membership.
How To Cancel YouTube TV Subscription On An iOS Device
Unlike the previous devices we discussed, iOS does not allow canceling YouTube TV through the application. Instead, you have to use a web browser to cancel your Membership.
- Launch your phone’s web browser- Safari is the default browser for all iOS devices.
- Visit YouTube’s official page.
- Sign into your account if you’re not already logged in.
- On the top right-hand side, click on the avatar, which is your profile.
- From here, choose “Settings.”
- Go to “Membership.”
- You’ll have two options- “CANCEL” or “PAUSE” membership.
- Choose to cancel your Membership.
- Confirm the cancellation process when prompted.
- You may also have to explain why you are canceling your Membership.